Happy Friday! It’s been a quick one for me; hopefully yours has zipped along too. 🙂
We’ve got a couple of fun things on the calendar for this weekend, which will be a nice change from last weekend when we didn’t leave the house once and spent two days on house projects. 😉 I’m hoping the warm-ish weather also holds out so we can get out for some nice long walks before winter decides to return.
Before we get into the weekend, here’s what I’ve been loving this week!
I’m calling this my maternity uniform. Stretchy pants and a flowy top are where it’s at! So far I’ve only made a handful of maternity purchases (like less than 5). These treggings from Seraphine havebeen the absolute winner so far; I seriously wear them twice a week, usually paired with a Lilly Elsa top (find them cheaper here). I’m really trying NOT to buy maternity tops so flowy ones like these are key, and bonus- I can still wear them after baby!
If you’re looking for something similar, I just stocked up on another one of my favorite tunic tops on sale for $27! (Available in 18 colors at Nordstrom.) I also had this top before baby bump, so it’s definitely not just maternity-appropriate!)
I’ve let the weather become an excuse for skipping workouts. Not good for me or baby! This week we’ve made it a priority to take Sydney for a long walk after work, even if it’s dark. Even though I miss running, a long walk still makes me feel like I’ve done something active for the day and it’s helped me sleep a bit better this week also. Judging by the picture above, I’m not the only one who’s sleeping better. 😉
I’ve really neglected yoga this week, so that’s on my to-do list for next week!
We’ve stuck to the meal plan for the first part of the week week, but last night we had dinner out with my parents and tonight we’re going out again for a date night.
I’ve been craving sweets a little more than I normally do, and am trying to keep things in check by having healthy sweet options available. Fruit or a piece of dark chocolate are my go-to options, but I’m also obsessed with these vegan cookie dough balls from the OhSheGlows Cookbook. There’s a similar recipe on Angela’s website! Pregnancy-safe since there’s no raw eggs, and also full of clean ingredients, so I don’t feel bad about having two at a time. 😉 (I keep them in the freezer, so that’s why they look a little frosty in the picture.)
- This post that’s floating around Facebook. “Remember the five simple rules to be happy: 1. Free your heart from hatred. 2. Free your mind from worries. 3. Live simply. 4. Give more. 5. Expect less”
- Cast Iron Skillet 101. I should have read something like this a few years ago!
- SheReadsTruth. I’m reading the book of John, although I’m a bit behind this week. Catch up day tomorrow!
- On Dirt to Delish… 5 Tips: How to Stay Healthy While You’re Pregnant, Lentil Curry Soup, Classic Hummus Recipe
This is a little repeat from last week, but I’ve made it a priority to spend less time on social media and more time reading, writing and blogging in the new year. Dirt to Delish has gotten a few updates over the past two weeks. Check out what’s new…
- The recipe page! Hopefully easier to navigate than it was in the past.
- Get posts in your inbox…. Use the little ‘subscribe’ box in the right-hand column to get posts delivered by email!
- Updated Pinterest boards- lots of food, workouts and pregnancy/baby stuff. Follow me here!
- Updated Facebook page. If you’re not following, click over and ‘like’!
- Trying to post more on Instagram.
- Travel and Baby pages have been updated to make them easier to navigate.
Am I missing anything? What would you like to see on Dirt to Delish? I’d love to hear your suggestions for upcoming posts!!
Have a great weekend, and don’t forget to check back on Sunday for a weekly meal plan and shopping list!