So here we are at 17 weeks! Pregnancy is a funny thing; it feels like the slowest and longest countdown ever, but then I look at the calendar and realize that we’re almost halfway through and it’s hard to believe!
This week, Chickpea is the size of a white onion, or about 5 inches (roughly the size of your palm), and 5 ounces. No bump picture this week because I just took on on Thursday, but I’ll try to post a regular bump pic starting next week.
None, other than a lot of congestion the past week or so. It’s hard to say if this is pregnancy-related, or just a cold. I’ve been avoiding cold meds, since it’s a little unclear to me what is ok to take, but I broke down last night and again today with some Benadryl. I’m looking forward to talking to the doctor tomorrow about what is ok to take!
Still avoiding meat, but everything else sounds pretty good! My eyes have been a lot bigger than my stomach, and I’m getting full much faster than I used to. I didn’t think this would happen so soon and I’m a little nervous about what’s going to happen the bigger my stomach gets! I’m going to have to be better about smaller meals more frequently.
Cocoa Puffs and citrus! We stocked up on two more boxes of clementines yesterday… we’ll see how long they last! I’m also very friendly with the puffs and saline spray these days. Boo! 🙁
We have a baby appointment tomorrow! I don’t think we’re scheduled for an ultrasound, but it’s fun to hear the heartbeat and we should be scheduling the next ultrasound for next month.
First Trimester Favorites
I’m into the second trimester now, but I thought it would be fun to round-up a list of what got me through the first 12-13 weeks of pregnancy! I enjoyed reading other bloggers’ lists, and got a lot of ideas from them. Many of the items on this list are still going strong into the second trimester.
- S’well Water Bottle. My yeti tumbler is still my favorite, but when thirst became a major issue, I needed something that I could carry with me all the time and wouldn’t spill in my purse. I liked the colors of these bottles; I just wish they were a little bigger!
- Lululemon Wunder Under Pant (high rise). The high rise is great for a growing tummy! My other lulu crops are hitting at an uncomfortable spot these days, so I rarely wear them. I think I’ll be picking up another high rise pair before April, because I wear these constantly (outside of the office). I got these pre-pregnancy and loved them then, too!
- Sparkling water, specifically Pellegrino. The bubbles helped when I was feeling some nausea, but for the most part sparkling water just serves as a decent stand in for an adult beverage during happy hour. I add a squeeze of lemon and drink it from a wine glass and pretend I’m sipping some sauvignon blanc. 😉 I’ve been ordering a bottle when we’re out to dinner, too.
- New reading material. I downloaded What to Expect When You’re Expecting the day I saw the two pink lines, and then ordered the hard copy a few days later. I’d recommend the hard copy so you can jump around through the sections for reference. I also got this devotional, Waiting in Wonder, and am enjoying reading it before bed. It’s only four readings per week, so it’s easy to keep up with (even though I’m usually a day or two behind).
- The Nurture App. I was using this pre-pregnancy to keep track of things (it’s called Glow at that point) and liked the format so I switched over to the pregnancy version of the app. I know everyone has their favorite app, and I don’t think I’ve heard two people say the same thing, so there are lots of options out there. I haven’t been great about tracking my symptoms, mainly because I didn’t have much to note, but I like the size/weight/fruit updates!